- 1 ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium to large bowl mix together all of the ingredients. Cover the bowl and let the batter sit in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or overnight. The batter will be wet but will firm as it sits.
- Form into 20 balls. It will be helpful to have your hands as you roll the balls. Also, you press the oats into a ball more than actually rolling it.
- Let the balls sit in the refrigerator for a couple hours or overnight. The balls will firm as they sit. Enjoy for breakfast or snack
Sugar: 5 grams
These banana chocolate chip energy balls can (and should) be made ahead of time. They can be in the refrigerator up to 5-6 days or in the freezer up to 3 months. Let the bites thaw on the counter for 20 minutes or so.
Serving size: 1 energy ball
Calories: 82, Fat: 3, Carbohydrates: 12, Fiber: 2, Protein: 2